Monday, February 23, 2015

The Business Plan

Phew, February already. My schedule's gotten so monotonous I feel like time's just sneaking by me. I practically slept walked through Valentines day. Couldn't even remember to be depressed for it seeing as how I'm alone. Last year my boyfriend at the time and I drove up the coast and had a beach picnic. Out north though it's really a lot colder. I'm in Colorado and there's snow everywhere and as a resident of California I can say I never thought I could get sick of so much white, but there it is.

Last time I was talking about starting up a transit business to get money, and I've been working it for a while. Got all the way to Boulder by picking up some hitch-hiker's on the way, but I'm thinking of making this more official. If I do there's some hurtles I'm going to need to get past, like how do I avoid picking up people who'd want to hurt me, and how can I run a consistent business if I'm traveling around. I've had a lot of time to think it over, and this is what I've come up with. 

I'm going to start compiling a list of runners in need of transport or who might be in need of transport in the future, and I'll be operating off of that list initially. That way I won't accidentally pick up a murderer. I'll also base my travel schedule around the locations of the runners. I'm going to put up an application for services, and I'm going to ask for an initial $10 prepay to get on the list. 

For the record the services provided by the transit will be:

1. Transportation to anywhere in the U.S.
2. Emergency pick ups provided I am in the area. 
3. Over night lodging in the van for extra pay. I have a mattress, very comfy back seat, and more quilts than I know what to do with. Also in winter weather like this, my van is a good place to warm up and hide for a while. 

For compensation, all I'm asking is that you pay what you take up in gas plus an extra $5 for every night you spend in the van. If I need to drive you from L.A. to New York city, you'll be paying more than a drive up the block to the post office.

I'd also be open to accepting donations from anyone interested in supporting this business. Who knows, if this goes well I might be able to hire some other drivers or something. It'll also be a good way to get around and see if anyone knows what happened to Mom and Corrine.

The application and list will be going up in no time at all.

Stay posted, 

-B ✿

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'd say not out of the question, but there will be a thorough background check first.

      Delete
  2. A few days late, but you're accepting donations? I've got some spare cash, how would one go about getting it to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. : D Email me and we'll talk.

      Delete